Learn all the fundamentals of working with fur felt hoods and capelines with Waltraud Reiner. Whether you're an experienced milliner or a newbie looking to build up your skills, you're sure to pick up some great new techniques in this course. Hand stitching and edge finishing is explained in detail right down to the final fitting.
Freeform scultpturing allows you to design your hats in your unique style. Thermo felts will open a new way to use felt creatively with no need to stiffen the end result. This course offers inspirational ideas to trim and finish your felt hats this winter season.Guest Tutor lessons are produced by an independent party and are complete in teaching delivery and support.
Hats are life for Waltraud Reiner. She has been working in millinery for 30 years, and was inducted into the Australian millinery Hall of Fame. She is a designer and a teacher, and her passion for hats has inspired countless students to discover their own.
All About Felt Course
• Tools of Trade • Stitching Techniques • Felt Hoods
• Button Blocking • Blocking a Capeline • Add Ribbon and Wire
• Free Form Hat • Button Hat Finishing • Securing Hats
• Blocking your Cloche • Wired Self Rolled Edge
• Finishing And Trimming
• Create patterns • Shibori techniques • Blocking thermo felt