Master milliner and fashion journalist Diana Cavagnaro from San Diego USA, is excited to share all her hands on methods to create four different styles of headwear. Learn to make a tailored boater hat and an elegant picture hat based on buckram using flat pattern methods. Winter style is all about a comfortable felt hat made all in one using a flange brim block. Traditional hand stitching detail is outlined throughout the lessons. The Course is completed with a simple fascinator covered in fabric to co-ordinate with your clients attire and ready to wear at the next wedding or day at the races.
Guest Tutor lessons are produced by an independent party and are complete in teaching delivery and support.
A work of art that happens to be worn on your head is the best way to describe the creations of milliner Diana Cavagnaro. Diana is a national celebrity whose credits include numerous appearances on television, as well as articles in newspapers and magazines discussing the art of millinery, fashion, and hat making. Diana’s creations have adorned the heads of many stars, celebrities, and socialites. Many of her designs are made for her customers who attend the Kentucky Derby, the Royal Ascot and Dubai.
A Rendezvous With Hats
• Blocking And Pattern Making • Covering With Fabric
• Petersham And Binding Options • Joining Crown To Brim & Lining
• Fabric Covered Base • Lining Fascinator
• Trimming And Securing
• Flat Pattern Making • Buckram Crown Fabric Covered
• Wired Brim Fabric Covered • Combining Crown & Brim + Lining
• Blocking Crown With Flange Brim • Stiffening & Lining
• Add Head Band By Machining