Discover inspirational techniques for sinamay straw under the direction of one of Australia's leading Millinery Educators and Master Milliner, Louise Macdonald. Once you understand how to manipulate this versatile material you will master designing luxurious trims for your headwear. Complement these eye-catching embellishments with a classic Bandeau and a button beret including a silk lining for a quality finish.
Louise Macdonald has been making hats for well over 25 years and her signature style often features fluid hand sculpted straw trims and shapes creating unique adornments for the head.
She trained in London, UK as a theatrical milliner making hats for productions such as Pride and Prejudice and House Of Elliot. Since returning to Melbourne Australia in 1995 she began making fashion pieces and now her millinery year is dominated by the Melbourne Cup.
Over the years, Louise has taught at various tertiary colleges, presented at international workshops / conventions and offered millinery courses from her Melbourne studio.
WHAT YOU GET
• Learn to make a variety of headwear and trims in your own time
• Correspondence with tutor to answer lesson questions
• Sinamay Preparation • Blocking A Bandeau
• Perfect Finish • Bow Sculpting
• Manipulating Straw • Braid Styling
• Straw Preparation • Double Bow Styling
• Create Button Beret • Beret Finishing
• Sculpt Wrap Brim • Styling & Attachment
• Shaping With Pattern • Steam Sculpting
• Wire Engineering • Attachment & Lining