Learn how to make contemporary Felt Hats as you freely hand mould the desired shape and distress to give your hats a true personality. You will learn to work with a pre-stiffened felt body and how to choose the tools and blocks to suit your styling. Your tutor Waltraud Reiner shares from her valuable experience and elaborates on head fittings, trimming, distorting and about your creativity when making a hat.
Guest lessons are produced by independent tutors and are complete in teaching delivery and support.
Hats are life for Waltraud Reiner. She has been working in millinery for 30 years, and was inducted into the Australian Millinery Hall of Fame. A designer and a teacher, and her passion for hats has inspired countless students to discover their own style.
SUPPLIESMaterials And Tools:
Pre-stiffened fur felt body
Methylated spirits / Isopropyl alchohol
Ironing cloth/ linen tea towel
Rounding Jack- Hat Blocks Australia
Large Metal tray
Petersham ribbon of choice
WHAT YOU GET
• 1hr 5min creative video tuition
• Learn to make headwear in your own time
DISTRESSED FELT HATS GUEST COURSE
- Learn how to choose the right blocks from the collection to suit your style
- Block brim and crown using pre-stiffened felt body
- Hand mould your personal style ’bash’ to crown
- Complete surface by sanding, burning and distressing with a trim to suit the personality of your hat