Give your feathers a fresh vitality and make a bold statement as you add a new dimension to your next headwear collection. Master milliner and educator, Ian Bennett of London has mastered feathers as an art and sculptural form. Learn all his detailed techniques on how to add colour variation or reshape each feather for a dramatic look. Ian will also teach you all his intriguing tried and proven methods on how to add floating feathers to your headwear that will excite your customer.
Drama, perfection, excitement, love and passion. Ian Bennett has worked for Royal milliners, Frederick Rox, Philip Sommerville and Graham Smith, as well as Stephen Jones and Siggi Hats in their incredible workrooms. For Ian, it's about making something brand new, making the exciting and the impossible. It is the sculpture and the excitement that makes every day making hats a truly incredible one.
• Correspondence with tutor to answer lesson questions
• Feather Fundamentals • Dyeing & Drying Feathers
• Colour Gradation • Cobweb Ostrich
• Shaping Feathers • Styling Stripped Feathers
• Customise Unique Feathers • Curling & Attaching Feathers
• Floating feathers • Feather Attachment
• Feather Mount • Creative Connection